OpenDocument (short for OASIS Open Document Format for Office Applications) is:
- An open, XML-based file format.
- An open standard from the OASIS standards group.
- Approved by ISO and IEC as an international standard (ISO/IEC 26300).
- The default file format for LibreOffice, Apache OpenOffice, Calligra Suite, NeoOffice, EuroOffice and many other applications as well as web-based solutions such as Google Docs.
- A format that fulfills the European Union’s criteria on open standards.
See the OpenDocument Format website for more information.
We publish books
A major part of our work is publishing printed copies of books produced by groups such as the LibreOffice Documentation Team. To purchase any of these books, please go to our page at Lulu.com.